Xem chi tiết tại: https://hochay.com/luyen-thi-toeic/sach-luyen-thi-ets-toeic-2020-test-2-reading-hoc-hay-432.html
Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
- The new interns have been very mindful of———- parking regulations
(A) t heir
- If you have recently ——- a digital camera and want to learn how to use it, this course
(D) to purchase
- To help the arts center improve its programming, please indicate which aspect of the workshop was most ——-
- The upcoming ——- of Tantino Airport will ease congestion and modernize guest accommodations.
- Mr. Gupta explained the ——- of the upgraded customer database to the sales team
- The study showed that customers aged 35 to 44 paid with a Sonoka credit card ——- than customers in any other age-group.
(C) more frequently
- Buses leaving the city terminal were delayed due to icy conditions —— the roads.
- You need to ——- a business plan before your loan application can be processed.
- The hotel’s ——- shuttle bus will take guests to Hong Kong’s major landmarks.
- ——– months of work to sell the Apton Building, the realtor finally succeeded last week.
- We will review all four custodial-service bids and choose ——- that suits our needs.
- The client asked for ——- to the images in the advertising text.
- Please be advised ——- we have had to cancel your order because of a difficulty with our shipping agent.
- Tin Creek Corporation ——- that its paper towels are the most absorbent on the market.
- KCLN Associates will enter into a business ——- with the contractor as soon as some of the terms are renegotiated.
- ——- registering for online banking is not required, we strongly recommend it to all of our customers.
- Viewers can easily ——– to the main character in the popular television series Autumn Mystery.
- Fairlawn Medical Clinic offers a full ——- of services as part of its community wellness programs.
- The rear entrance to RC Bank will be closed for repairs and not ——- next Monday.
- Mr. Carson wants to see Carson audio products ——- , even in remote regions of the world.
121, We can buy office ——- such as desks and printers from any of our company’s approved vendors.
- When taking a book order, agents must record the customer’s name and the ——- price of each item.
- The building will be furnished ——- the supervisors do their inspection.
124, In a strong display of confidence, the firm’s board of directors ——- approved the merger.
- When recently ——- , residents of Mill Creek Park said that street disrepair is the issue that concerns them most.
- Ms. Rivera agreed to work on the holiday ——- Mr. Grant could attend the conference.
(B) so that
(C) as if
127, The clerk collects packages from each department twice a day and takes them to the mail room —-.
(B) all along
(C) too much
- Please inform Ms. Erwin of any complaints ——- those already discussed in today’s meeting.
- The Tonsin Writers League is a reputable organization with highly ——- members.
- As Mr. Nakata’s assistant, Ms. Bain is in charge of ——- him on the latest financial news.
Directions: Read the texts that follow. A word, phrase, or sentence is missing in parts of each text. Four answer choices for each question are given below the text. Select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (4), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
Questions 131-134 refer to the following e-mail.
To: Bai Chang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: September 28
Subject: Order 255646
Dear Ms. Chang:
Thank you for your purchase on September 27. Your package has shipped and is due to arrive on October (131) ——-. Simply visit www.sprtech.com/shipping/status, enter your order number, and press “Search.”
When you receive your package, we (132) ——- you to take a short survey at www.sprtech.com/survey. It is through customer feedback that we are (133) ——- to monitor our level of service. Upon (134) ——of the survey, you will receive a 10% discount toward your next order.
Spriech.com Customer Service
(A) You will receive a full refund. 133.
(B) A replacement is on back order.
(C) Tracking your order is easy.
(D) We will answer your question soon.
(C) were inviting
(D) have invited
Questions 135-138 refer to the following information.
Conference Room 120 can be booked for meetings and conference calls. First, make a reservation request online at www.gzpoffice.com/confroom. When your request (135)——-, the system automatically checks for availability. Your request will be accepted if no other event is scheduled at thai time. The system will then immediately send you an e-mail message to (136)—— your reservation. However, if another meeting is scheduled that conflicts with yours, you will be notified that the request has been declined (137)——- It is therefore (138)—— that you schedule your event well ahead of time. This way, if a given time slot is already reserved, you will be able to reschedule your meeting.
(A) is received
(C) to receive
(A) Thank you for accepting our invitation to the event.
(B) Please prepare discussion points before the meeting.
(C) Note that reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
(D) The time of the next meeting will be announced in due course.
Questions 139-142 refer to the following e-mail.
From: Karel Authier <email@example.com>
To: Honcrato Quinones <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tuesday, July 18 11:04 A.M.
Subject: Voyacon Feature
Dear Mr. Quinones:
| am delighted to inform you that Voyacon has been selected as one of this year’s Code Touch Magazine’s Top 25 Emerging Technology Firms. We will be (139)—– your company in our September issue. This is considered a great honor by our readers, as our list includes only (140)——that advance the industry in significant ways.
As Voyacon’s founder, could you e-mail us a digital photograph of yourself to use in the article? (141)—-would need to receive it (142)—–August 5. Otherwise, we. will use a public-domain photo.
Thanks for your help, and congratulations.
(A) Hundreds of companies were initially considered.
(B) We will forward several copies as soon as possibie.
(C) This is the fifth year we will be publishing this list.
(D) It should be a high-resolution, full-color image.
Questions 143-146 refer to the following memo.
To: All Employees
From: Carmen Phelps, Central City Museum Director
Re: Special Exhibitions Curator
Date: November 15
To All Staff,
Please note that an advertisement will be placed in this Wednesday’s newspaper regarding a new position at the Central City Museum. After the (143)—— of Bloom Outside the Box, our recent exhibition showcasing the artwork of local sculptor Leanne Bloom, the museum board has decided to allocate a new position dedicated to creating new quarterly exhibitions. The position title is Special Exhibitions Curator. The successful applicant (144)——- work on January 2. (145)——–. Proven knowledge of local and regional artists is preferred. (146)——– museum staff are encouraged to apply. Please contact Liliana Welis at extension 449 with questions.
(B) will start
(C) has started
(D) was starting
(A) Board nominations close at the end of the day on Friday.
(B) Critic Tony Watanabe gave the exhibition a five-star review.
(C) The position requires extensive experience.
(D) We look forward to hosting this event.
Directions: In this part you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, e-mails, and instant messages. Each text or set of texts is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet
Questions 147-148 refer to the following e-mail.
- What is the purpose of the e-mail?
(A) To publicize an updated service
(B) To attract first-time customers
(C) It applies only to tickets already purchased.
(D) It is offered to two people traveling together.
- What is true about the special discount?
(A) It includes children.
(B) It requires that tickets be purchased
(C) To increase the sale of April tickets over the phone.
(D) To promote Rapid Railways Express
Questions 149-150 refer to the following invitation.
- What topic will be discussed at the event?
(A) Social media
(B) Successful investments
(C) Setting up a small business
(D) Coping with staff turnover.
- What is indicated about the event?
(A) It is held once a month.
(B) It takes place on a weekend.
(C) Registration is not necessary.
(D) Space is limited.
Questions 151-152 refer to the following notice.
- For whom is the notice most likely intended?
(A) Maintenance workers
(B) Security guards
(C) Safety inspectors
(D) Factory visitors
- According to the notice, why should someone contact Ms. Bradley?
(A) To praise an employee
(B) To inquire about a policy
(C) To submit photographs
(D) To obtain a schedule
Questions 153-154 refer to the following text-message chain.
- Why did Mr. Rabin send a message to Ms. Greene?
(A) To ask if she needs more storage space
(B) To find out if some files belong to her
(C) To get her help moving some boxes
(D) To ask where some files should be put
- At 11:20 a.m., what does Mr, Rabin mean when he writes, “It’s up to you”?
(A) He will sort some documents when Ms. Greene wants him to.
(B) He can arrange for a time to unlock the storage room.
(C) Ms. Greene can decide when she prefers to look at some files.
(D) Ms. Greene can choose the type of boxes she wants to use.
Questions 155-157 refer to the following article.
- What aspect of the Agosti Nairobi store does the article highlight?
(A) Its spacious interior
(B) Its knowledgeable sales team
(C) Its wide selection of brands
(D) Its interactive displays
- What is true about Agosti shoes?
(A) They are available in new designs.
(B) They are very expensive.
(C) They are made in hard-to-find sizes.
(D) They are mostly handmade.
- In which of the positions marked , ,  and (4] does the following sentence best
“In fact, the company is currently scouting locations for a new design facility in the region.”
Questions 158-160 refer to the following form.
- What is the purpose of the form?
(A) To apply for a job
(B) To request a lease
(C) To report a problem
(D) To change an address
- Why does Ms. Randall mention some office equipment?
(A) It is for sale.
(B) It needs to be moved.
(C) It has been damaged.
(D) It needs to be replaced.
- Who will first contact Ms. Randall about her April 2 request?
(A) Mr. Kim
(B) Mr, Lerner.
(C) Mr, Roper
(B) Ms. Blanch
Questions 161-163 refer to the following press release.
- What is implied about Mr. Deems?
(A) He oversees multiple buildings.
(B) He makes frequent trips abroad.
(C) He is a successful inventor.
(D) He often misplaces his identification
- What is true about Deluxident?
(A) It ships its products internationally.
(B) It is based in Canada.
(C) It provides on-site consulting services.
(D) It plans to merge with Babson Vehicles Ltd.
- Why does Mr. Deems prefer Deluxident’s new product over previous products?
(A) It facilitates campus entry for visitors.
(B) It lowers expenses in the long term.
(C) It requires photo identification.
(D) It allows employees to quickly locate each other.
Questions 164-167 refer to the following letter.
- What is indicated about Lewis and Clark County?
(A) It is well-known for its restaurants.
(B) It enforces strict building regulations.
(C) it provides property information over the Internet.
(D) It is seeking feedback o na development project.
- Why most likely is Ms. Cleary interested in Mr. Donnell’s property?
(A) It is popular with local residents.
(B) It is located in the city center.
(C) tis being sold for a low price.
(D) It features a spacious floor plan.
- In which of the positions marked , , , and  does the following sentence best belong?
“I think the exposed brick siding, for example, is essential to the building’s charm.”
- What is suggested about the general store building?
(A) It is currently open to the public.
(B) It has changed ownership many times.
(C) It is undergoing extensive renovations.
(D) It has been vacant for several years.
Questions 168-171 refer to the following information.
168, What is the purpose of the information?
(A) To describe a job opening
(B) To explain a company policy
(C) To provide building information to visitors
(D) To help clients navigate a Web site
- Why are bulletin boards checked regularly?
(A) To confirm that the cabinets are kept locked
(B) To confirm that persona! items have been sold
(C) To ensure that postings are appropriate at each location
(D) To ensure that postings are interesting to all employees
- Where is important company news most likely posted
(A) Near the elevator
(B) In the staff lounge
(C) Inside the conference rooms
(D) In the Human Resources Department
- According to the information, why should employees contact Human Resources?
(A) To pick up their office keys
(B) To have their notices approved
(C) To register for company events
(D) To submit photocopy requests
Questions 172-175 refer to the following information.
- Why did Mr. Hashimoto contact Customer Care?
(A) To provide feedback on a recent stay
(B) To book a room using his loyalty points
(C) To change an existing reservation
(D) To inquire about missing loyalty points
- At 10:46 a.m., what does Mr. Wrong mean when he writes, “Already got it’?
(A) He has found some information.
(B) He is pointing out a mistake made by
(C) He is going to call Mr. Hashimoto.
(D) He will complete Mr. Hashimoto’s reservation.
- What does Ms. Russo offer to do for Mr. Hashimoto?
(A) Award him extra points
(B) Issue a refund
(C) Provide an upgrade on a future stay
(D) Transfer his account to a different points program
- What is NOT indicated about the loyalty points program?
(A) Points earned on a stay remain valid for a year.
(B) Points can be used to upgrade a reservation.
(C) Points are credited afier a quest leaves the hotel.
(D) Points can be doubled under certain conditions.
Questions 176-180 refer to the following information.
- What is a purpose of the e-mail?
(A) To issue an invitation to a celebration
(B) To give notice of a policy change
(C) To forward a company document
(D) To approve a vacation request
- In the e-mail, the word “going” in paragraph 1, line 1, is closest in meaning to
- What is indicated about Mr. Awad?
(A) He revised the employee handbook.
(B) He has met Ms. Leighton.
(C) He takes public transportation to work.
(D) He will be traveling in February.
- Where does Mr. Awad most likely work?
(A) In London
(B) In Glasgow
(C) in Dublin
(D) In Belfast
- According to the handbook, what do all Epmedin office locations have in common?
(A) Parking garages are not available.
(B) Parking permits are not required.
(C) Employees need to comply with specific dress codes.
(D) Factory workers follow very strict safety regulations.
Questions 181-185 refer to the following information.
- In the e-mail, what does Ms. Watson imply about the meeting?
(A) Some clients will be attending it.
(B) A recently hired supervisor will be leading it
(C) It will take more time than originally planned.
(D) Its location has been changed.
- What item on the agenda is new?
(A) Community events
(B) Online advertising
(C) Web site updates
(D) Print publications
- What does Ms. Watson ask people to bring to the meeting?
(A) Updated financial documents
(B) A list of new hires
(C) A copy of the agenda
(D) Revised vendor contracts
- What does the agenda indicate about Mr. Ranier?
(A) He teaches a course in online advertising.
(B) He will be joining the meeting by telephone.
(C) He used to work with Ms. Watson.
(D) He represents a local organization.
- What does Contiera Corporation most likely sell?
(A) Books and magazines
(B) Gardening supplies
(C) Athletic clothing
(D) Computer software
Questions 186-190 refer to the following information.
- What is indicated about the Penglais Film Festival?
(A) It is new to Wales.
(B) Many past participants have become famous.
(C) It focuses on classic films from the past.
(D) Tickets to feature films have sold out.
- Why is Mr. Driscoll pleased?
(A) He will receive an award.
(B) His film will be shown at the festival.
(C) Mr. Griffith will attend an event.
(D) Mr. Griffith has invited him to speak.
- What is suggested about tickets for the awards ceremony?
(A) They cannot be purchased.
(B) They cannot be accessed online.
(C) They will become available on May 3.
(D) They are included with the purchase of individual film tickets.
- Who most likely is Shirley Finch?
(A) An event host
(B) An entertainer
(C) An award presenter
(D) A festival director
- What award will Mr. Griffith most likely receive?
(A) Excellence in Acting
(B) Best Cinematography
(C) Lifetime Achievement
(D) Achievement in Direction
Questions 191-195 refer to the following information.
- Why was Ms. Kapoor turned down for a position at Neela Advertising?
(A) She failed to provide adequate referrals.
(B) She did not meet the criteria for the job
(C) She missed the application deadline.
(D) She was not available for a follow-up interview.
- What is suggested about Ms. Kapoor?
(A) She left her job at Delhi Works, !Inc., several years ago.
(B) She used to work with Mr. Nirmal at Delhi Works, Inc.
(C) She will produce television commercials for Mumbai Canning Ltd.
(D) She has recently switched careers.
- Who most likely is Ms. Sethi?
(A) A cafeteria manager
(B) A payroll accountant
(C) A marketing team member
(D) A budget director
- According to the letter, where will Ms. Mehta be at noon on June 1?
(A) In a design meeting
(B) On a business trip
(C) At a job interview
(D) At a dining facility
- How was Ms. Kapoor offered her new job?
(A) in person
(B) In a letter
(C) By e-mail
(D) Over the telephone
Questions 196-200 refer to the following information.
- According to the first e-mail, how have some employees coped with a problem?
(A) By reducing operational costs
(B) By working outside their regular hours
(C) By hiring temporary staff
(D) By outsourcing a maintenance service
- Which of Mr. Jackson’s suggestions Ms. Sohn implement?
(A) Allowing employees two fifteen-minute printing periods per day
(B) Allotting a one-hour period at midday for emergency printing
(C) Posting a sign-up sheet next fo the printers
(D) Discontinuing the use of calor printers
- According to the memo, what is the problem with the color printers?
(A) They have not been ordered.
(B) They regularly break down.
(C) They fail to scan documents.
(D) They are being overused.
- What is true about the new printers purchased by Reeder and Kelter; Inc.? -:
(A) They were delivered on November 24.
(B) They include a three-year maintenance plan.
(C) They will be serviced on January 18.
(D) They came with free remote printing during the first month
- What does Truzplan offer?
(A) Delivery of printed documents
(B) Equipment insurance
(C) Suggestions for accessories
(D) Training in the use of equipment